Our kids love salad when it comes with this much fruit. And the dressing has been kid tested, mother approved as well! This salad is also much better after 30 minutes of sitting and melding; however, can be eaten right away.
Ambrosia Salad SaladServes 4-6 as a side salad
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut water (I used a store bought brand from a carton, but you can also use straight from a young coconut)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp tahini (or you can substitute Dijon mustard)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
For the Salad
- 4 cups organic mixed baby greens or spring salad mix
- 2 cups organic baby arugula (can use all spring mix/ baby greens but the arugula adds a nice robust flavor)
- 1/2 pint organic, fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced (or pineapple would also be nice- I just didn't have any :)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut flakes (toasted is also nice)
- 1/2ish cup organic walnuts
- For the dressing, measure out the oil and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in a blender on high, and then slowly add the oil until emulsified.
- For the salad place all ingredients in a bowl, and top with desired amount of dressing (you might only need less than 1/2 the dressing in the recipe above if you use my measurements for salad ingredients).
- Let sit for about 30 minutes for optimal flavor and top with toasted coconut before serving.
This post has been linked up to: