These are a great meal replacement for a meatless dish. Also great for addictive snacking! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am more about making quick and easy meals and desserts these days. Hope you enjoy these quick and easy almonds.
Sweet and Spicy Thai Roasted Almonds
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger root (about a 1/4" piece if using a Microplane)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (I also use my Microplane for this)
- 1 tsp of apple cider vineger
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (I like them on the fairly spicy end so feel free to adjust for less heat)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of granulated (not liquid) coconut sugar (or sucanat, date sugar, sugar in the raw, etc. will work too)
- 2 cups almonds (I use sprouted almonds sometimes and that will work as well)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the almond and stir.
- Stir in the almonds to evenly coat them.
- Place them on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 325 F for 15 minutes, being careful to toss them frequently to prevent burning.
- Let them cool for 15-20 minutes before serving so that the sugar in the coating has time to cool down to a crunchy caramel, and eat!
This post has been linked up to: