Anywho, this simple, colorful summer salad would be a great crowd pleaser at a potluck or a BBQ...whatever you decide to call it. Enjoy!
Broccoli Mango Salad
- 1 small head of broccoli (about a 10 oz head), chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- a couple dashes of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, or 1/2 orange pureed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp onion
- 1/4 tsp Herbamare + 1/8 tsp of sea salt (or 1/4 tsp sea salt)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl and make the dressing.
- (For the dressing) blend all ingredient except the oil in a food processor or high powered blender until well blended. Then slowly drizzle the olive oil into the dressing through the spout (if using a Vitamix no higher than power 7) until fully emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and let marinade for at least 30 minutes. Season with more salt if desired.
- Serve immediately or let set in fridge overnight for extra flavor.
Happy Salad Making,